Event date: 07/05/2021 Export event
Only registered users can register for an event. Please login or register.
- Attending: 37
- Seats: 100
- Remaining: 63
SAIA AGM - Friday 7th of May 2021
- NB this is to register to attend the live meeting, To register for the Virtual meeting email must be sent to [email protected]
- Register now on the SAIA Auction Blog www.auctionblog.co.za, under the events page
- Please logon to register, use your username and password as per the SAIA portal login details
AGM: Please confirm your attendance ASAP
The AGM will be held at the Randpark Golf Club at 14h30.
Live & Virtual Meeting
- With the move to Level 1 lockdown regulations, we may now accommodate 100 people at the AGM. 20 of these slots have been allocated to the Board Directors, Management staff and technical crew.
- This allows for 80 members who may be present in person at the AGM.
- Due to the number of members who may want to attend, we may need to limit attendance to the members who are eligible to vote or their proxies. We will so far as is possible within the regulations of the Disaster Management Act, every effort will be made to accommodate all members that would like to be present in person.
For members who would prefer to attend the meeting on a virtual platform, we will also be conducting this meeting via zoom.
We request that member indicate to Sonja Styger via email, [email protected] whether you would like to attend the meeting:
- In person
- Via ZOOM (To register for the Virtual meeting email must be sent to [email protected])
Please note: if you attend the Virtual meeting you will not be able to vote. If you would like to vote you need to send in a proxy or attend the live meeting in person.
Please could you make such indication by 16 April 2021, with your preference of attendance.
Golf Morning: Friday 07 May 2021 @ 07h30
For members wishing to play golf, we have once again organised a little golf challenge. Early morning Tee off times have been booked (07h30) at Randpark Golf Club for our ‘SAIA Open Golf Challenge’.
8 x 4 Balls are limited and keen interest has already started coming in so please confirm your intention to play well in advance by sending Sonja the names and handicaps of your 4 ball. Book now to avoid missing out.
South African National Auction Championship & Dinner:
We are very excited to continue the ritual of the Auction Championship. Candidates who enter this challenge must please complete the attached form and return to Sonja. Make sure to bring along something interesting to auction off. The competition will be judged by elders of SAIA and the prize money for the winner will be R25,000-00.
During the South African National Auction Championship SAIA will host a dinner for our members at Randpark Golf Club, members who wish to join us must please advise Sonja by, Friday 30 April 2021 so that booking arrangements are made timeously.
For those members who will be travelling from out of town and who wish to stay over in Johannesburg on Thursday 06th and or Friday 07th May, SAIA has arranged accommodation at The Fairway Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort (next to Randpark Golf Club) at hugely reduced rates.
Again, please advise Sonja by, Friday 30 April 2021 to take advantage of this limited opportunity and to assist with bookings.
*Hotel to be paid directly by the member
Please see more information on the rates and rooms in the attached documents - Accommodation Booking & Information.
Election 2021 - SAIA Board of Directors:
The bi-annual elections for the Board of Directors will be taking place on Friday, 07th May 2021 at the AGM being held at The Randpark Golf Club, we invite members who wish to contribute to the growth of SAIA, and the auctioneering industry in this country, to stand as a Director on the Board.
SAIA needs Directors who are able to contribute their expertise and experience to benefit the institute and assist in achieving its objectives. The Board of Directors elected in 2019 have been steadily working towards achieving this over the past two years.
SAIA’s objectives include establishing the institute as a reputable organisation that promotes a high standard of auctioneering practices; developing a fully functional office with full time resources; establishing a research and development programme; increasing membership of the institute; pursuing and lobbying government in order to establish a Statutory Body; creating additional benefits for members; promoting training of members; and developing a Social Responsibility programme.
For more information on this please refer to the Elections Pack attached